Dell Latitude E5430 Specifications and Features
Dell Latitude E5430 offers 14” LED backlight display with 1366 x 768 pixels resolution and anti-glare. Looking inside, you’ll find that this laptop is powered by 3rd gen Intel Core i5-3210M dual core processor (2.5GHz, 3M cache), Intel HD Graphics 3000, and 4 GB RAM. For the storage it provides 320 GB HDD / 7200 rpm hard drive. The connectivity features include Gigabit Ethernet; USB 2.0; AC connector; HDMI; USB 3.0/eSATA; USB 3.0; ExpressCard 54mm; SD Card Reader; 3.5mm combo audio jack; USB 2.0; and VGA-out.
The Latitude E5430 is also equipped with 8x DVD±RW optical drive; Kensington lock; Speakers; Microphone; and Webcam. You can also find a dual-band Intel Centrino Advanced –N 6205 network adapter, which supports Wi-Fi (up to 300Mbps; 2×2 antenna configuration) and Intel Wireless Display (WiDi).
The Latitude E5430 uses Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Edition as its operating system and includes Microsoft Office 2010 Starter software. For the security, it offers optional fingerprint reader which provides biometric authentication and also remotely administrable; TPM 1.2 and smart card enrollment (for an added cost); and exclusive extensions of Intel vPro-enabled systems via iAMT 8.x which allow for state-of-the-art management capabilities designed to make life easier on system administrators.
Width: 13.8 in
Depth: 9.4 in
Height: 1.3 in
Weight: 4.5 lbs
Restore Dell Latitude E5430 to Factory Default Settings
You can restore your Dell Latitude E5430 software to the factory default settings. Please note that performing this procedures erase ALL existing data which includes files, folders, programs, drivers, E-mails, photos. Before performing a PC Restore, back up all personal files. If you do not back up your personal files, the data will be lost.
To restore your Dell Latitude E5430:
- Turn on the computer.
As the computer starts, press <F8> on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen. You must press <F8> before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
- Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Optionsmenu, and then press <Enter>.
- Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
- Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
- Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
- In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
- Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
- Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
- When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer. The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.
For more information about how you can back up and restore your Dell notebook/laptop, please visit the official dell support site here: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SOFTWARE/DBRM/