If your Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate i557 is frozen and unresponsive you can perform a quick reset by pressing and holding the Power/Lock Key for 8 to 10 seconds.
If you want to restore your Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate i557 factory default settings you can perform a factory reset/hard reset by following below instructions:
(Warning!: Performing a Factory data reset will erase all data from your phone and internal SD card, including your Google account, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications. It will not erase current system software, bundled applications, and external SD card files such as music and photos unless you check the Format USB storage checkbox.)
- From the Home screen, tap ➔ Settings ➔ Privacy.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- If you want to erase all data on your USB storage, such as music and photos, tap the Format USB storage checkbox to create a green checkmark.
- Tap Reset phone.
- At the confirmation screen, tap Erase everything. The phone resets to the factory default settings automatically and when finished, displays the Home
How to Reset your Google Account Password
A Google account password is required for Google applications. If you misplace or forget your Google Account password, follow these instructions to reset it:
- From your computer, use an Internet browser to navigate to http://google.com/accounts.
- Once the URL loads, click on the Can’t access your account? link.
- Enter your Email address and click Submit.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.