Acer Aspire S3 Specs and Features
The Acer Aspire S3 super-slim design gives you a convenient travel partner with powerful specifications is a feast for the eyes! The housing of the compact companion is made from an alloy of aluminum and magnesium. The S3 has 13.3” display with 1366 x 768-pixel resolution. Equipped with a 3.4 x 2.5-inch Elan clickpad which is responsive to execute multi touch gestures and special anti-fingerprint coating ensures that the housing remains free of (fat) fingerprints. In the heart of S3 you will find a a 1.6GHz Intel Core-i5 2467M low-voltage CPU that clocks in at 1.6GHz and offers a maximum Turbo setting of 2.3GHz; 4GB of RAM and multiple drives which combine a 320GB / 5,400-rpm HDD for accessing files and a 20GB SSD for storing the operating system.
Acer Aspire S3 also features 1.3-megapixel webcam; a full-size HDMI port on the back; two USB 2.0 ports; headphone port; Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n; and Bluetooth 4.0.
The Acer InstantOn technology enable the ultra book to “ON” in two seconds from sleep mode, thus once the laptop pops open, you can get to work. The ‘Instant Connect’ technology provides a faster Internet connection to networks. Within 2.5 seconds the S3 is on the line.
Reset Format Acer Aspire S3 to Recover and Restore Factory Default Settings
If your Acer Aspire S3 experiences problems that are not recoverable by other methods, you may need to reinstall everything to return your system to its factory condition. You can reinstall using either your hard drive or the recovery discs you have created.
WARNING!!! This complete recovery procedures deletes everything on your hard drive, then reinstalls Windows and all software and drivers that were pre-installed on your system. If you can access important files on your hard drive, it is strongly suggested to backup them first. There are three different level you can reset or format your ultrabook to restore the factory default settings.
A. Resetting or Recovering from within Windows
If you can still run Windows, follow below instructions to recover/format/reset your Aspire S3:
- Click on Start > All Programs > Acer, then click on Acer Recovery Management. Acer Recovery Management opens.
- Click on the Restore tab, then Restore system to factory default. The Confirm Restoration dialog box opens.
- Click on Yes, then Start. A dialog box displays information about the hard drive that the operating system will be recovered to. Caution: Continuing the process will erase all files on your hard drive.
- Click on OK. The recovery process begins by restarting your computer, then continues by copying files to your hard drive. This process may take a while, but a Acer eRecovery Management screen shows you its progress. When the recovery has finished, a dialog box prompts you to restart your computer.
- Click on OK. Your computer restarts.
- Follow the on-screen prompts for first-time system setup.
B, Reset/Format/Recover Acer Aspire S3 from the hard drive during startup
This procedures apply if you cannot run Windows and your original hard drive is still working.
- Turn on your computer, then press Alt+F10 during startup. Acer eRecovery Management opens.
- Click on Restore system from factory default. Caution: Continuing the process will erase all files on your hard drive.
- Click on Next. Your hard drive’s original, factory-loaded contents are recovered. This process will take several minutes
C. Format or Reset or Recover from your recovery backup
If you cannot run Windows and your original hard drive has been completely re-formatted or you have installed a replacement hard drive. You can reset/format/recover then reinstall Windows OS and all pre-installed software and drivers by the following instructions:
- Find your recovery backup:
- If you a using optical discs, turn on your computer, insert the first system recovery disc (’Windows Recovery Backup’) into your optical disc drive, then restart your computer.
- If you a using a USB disk, plug in the USB drive and turn on your computer. Caution: Continuing the process will erase all files on your hard drive.
- If it is not already enabled, you must enable the F12 Boot Menu:
- Press F2 when starting your computer.
- Use the left or right arrow keys to select the Main menu.
- Press the down key until F12 Boot Menu is selected, press F5 to change this setting to Enabled.
- Use the left or right arrow keys to select the Exit menu.
- Select Save Changes and Exit and press Enter. Select OK to
- Your computer will restart.
- During startup, press F12 to open the boot menu. The boot menu
allows you to select which device to start from, such as the hard drive
or an optical disc.
- Use your arrow keys to select the line CDROM/DVD or USB HDD, then
press Enter. Windows installs from the recovery backup instead of the
normal startup process.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the recovery.
- acer aspire s3 recovery,acer S3 recovery,acer aspire s3 factory reset,