HTC Hero S Specifications and Features
HTC Hero S is a Touch Bar form factor smartphone with 4.0” S-LCD capacitive touchscreen having 540 x 960 pixels resolution. HTC Hero S is powered by a 1.2GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 processor and 768 MB RAM combined with Android OS v2.3.4 (Gingerbread) operating system. The display features include: Touch-sensitive controls; Accelerometer sensor for User Interface auto-rotate; HTC Sense User Interface and Proximity sensor for auto turn-off.
On the rear body, you’ll find 5 MP camera with Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, and HD video recording capability. 1.3 MP front facing camera also available for video calling. Other features included in this phone are: GPS with A-GPS support; TV-out (via MHL A/V link); SNS integration; Digital compass; Google services (such as: Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Picasa integration); MP3/AAC+/WAV player; MP4/H.263/H.264 player; Organizer; Document viewer; Voice memo/dial/commands; Predictive text input and more.
Dimensions: 115 x 60 x 12 mm
Weight: 130 g
How to Reset HTC Hero S to Restore Factory Default Settings
You can perform a factory reset or hard reset to return HTC Hero S to its original state before the first time you turned it on. NOTE: Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory/hard reset. There are 2 different way you can perform factory/hard reset on your HTC Hero S.
1. Performing a factory reset via settings
- From the Home screen, press , and then tap Settings.
- Tap SD & phone storage > Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
2. Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons.
- Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
If you skipped adding a Google Account when you first set up HTC Hero S, you may encounter problems when using some Google apps. If these problems persist, you may need to factory reset HTC Hero S and enter your Google Account details when you set up HTC Hero S again.