Linksys E1200 Wireless N-Router Specifications and Features Overview
Linksys E1200 is a single-band Wireless-N router (2.4 GHz only) with guest networking feature that allows a maximum of 10 clients. The router is ideal for surfing the web, emailing and printing wirelessly in your home. You can connect to a computers, wireless printers, and other Wi-Fi devices at speeds up to 300 Mbps. The router can be easily set up by using Cisco Connect software.
It is equipped with four LAN ports and one WAN port, the push button for the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) feature, MIMO antenna technology, and customizable security settings, including WPA/WPA2 Personal and SPI firewall protection. Unfortunately the device has no USB ports. Parental Control is available to block specific websites and restrict Internet access during certain hours.
The minimum system requirements including:
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 6, Safari 3 or Firefox 2 for optional browser-based configuration
- PC: Wireless network enabled PC with CD or DVD drive, running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, or Windows 7
- Mac: Wireless network enabled Mac with CD or DVD drive, running OS X Tiger 10.4.11, Leopard 10.5.8 or Snow leopard 10.6.1
Dimensions: 7.43” × 5.97” × 1.23” (188.7 × 151.7 × 31.2 mm)
Unit Weight: 8.91 oz. (252.7g)
Hard Reset Linksys E1200 Wireless N-Router to Restore Factory Default Settings
Resetting the router erases all of your settings, so you must restore the settings after. It is recommend that you back up your configuration before resetting your router to factory defaults.
The following instruction will guide you how to hard reset your Linksys E1200 Wireless N-Router to Restore Factory Default Settings.
- Reset using the reset button: With your router connected to power and turned on, press and hold the Reset button on the bottom of your router for 5-10 seconds. (see picture).
- Reset using the browser-based utility:
- Log into the browser-based utility ***
- Click the Administration tab, then click the Factory Defaults page.
- Click Restore Factory Defaults. A confirmation window opens.
- Click OK.
*** How to open the browser-based utility:
- Run Cisco Connect, click Change under Router settings, click Advanced settings, then click OK. or you can open a web browser on a computer connected to your network, then go to 192.168.1.1. The router prompts you for a user name and password.
- Enter the user name and password, then click OK. The utility’s main menu opens. If you set up your router without using Cisco Connect, your router’s
default password is admin. (You can leave the user name blank.)
- linksys e1200 reset,reset linksys e1200,linksys e1200 factory reset,