Flashing and Resetting the Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook BIOS
Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook Specifications and Features
Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook combines premium materials such as bonded corning gorilla glass, machined aluminum and carbon fiber to enhance its performance. It has 13.3″ HD (720p) Truelife WLED Display with 1.3MP HD Webcam. It also provides a comfort-designed keyboard and a sleek, gesture-enabled glass touch pad. Looking inside, you’ll know what keeps this Ultrabook running: 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-2467M processor, 4 GB DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000, and 128GB SSD hard drive. this is powerful enough for everyday multitasking. For the operating system, it uses Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
The connectivity features include Wi-Fi 802.11a/g/n; Bluetooth 3.0; 1 x USB 3.0; 1 x USB 2.0; 1 x Audio – VGA; and 1 x Microphone – Headset. The XPS 13 also includes software such as: Adobe Reader X, Microsoft Office Starter, WebCam Central, Skype with H.264 enablement, Skyhook (post launch), Internet Explorer, Windows Live Essentials Wave 4, McAfee SecurityCenter trial, Dell DataSafe, and Dell Stage.
Width: 12.4 in
Depth: 8.1 in
Height: 0.71 in
Weight: 2.99 lbs
Flashing the Dell XPS 13 BIOS
The Dell XPS 13 BIOS may require flashing when an update is available or when replacing the system board. To flash the Dell XPS 13 BIOS:
- Turn on the computer.
- Go to support.dell.com/support/downloads.
- Locate the BIOS update file for your computer: NOTE: The Service Tag for your computer is located on a label at the bottom of your computer. If you have your computer’s Service Tag or Express Service Code: Enter your computer’s Service Tag or Express Service Code in the Service Tag or Express Service Code field. Click Submit and proceed to step 4. If you do not have your computer’s Service Tag or Express Service Code: Select one of the following options: • Automatically detect my Service Tag for me; • Choose from My Products and Services List; • Choose from a list of all Dell products b Click Continue and follow the instructions on the screen
- A list of applications and drivers available for your computer appears on the screen. Click BIOS.
- Click Download File to download the latest BIOS file.
- Select your preferred download method in the Please select your download method below window; click Download Now. The File Download window appears.
- Click Save to save the file on your computer and wait till the download has been completed.
- Click Run to install the updated BIOS settings to your computer.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Resetting the Dell XPS 13 BIOS
Removing the coin-cell battery resets the BIOS settings to default. It is recommended that you note the BIOS settings before removing the coin-cell battery.